The University Club’s clubhouse is a modern, air-conditioned structure. The core building was designed by James Gamble Rogers and was built in 1948. With some later additions, the building now contains the Main Hall with open stage, the Library, the Reading Room, the Gallery, the Boardroom, offices, and kitchen.
The Main Hall can be arranged for a wide variety of events and other uses, with complete flexibility in tables and seating. Similarly, the Library can be used for smaller groups. Modern audio-visual, lighting, CCTV, and recording systems are available to support speakers and performance presentations.
The backdrop of the stage is an antique Zuber woodblock print mural.
Ample parking is available on club property and access ramps into the clubhouse meet ADA requirements. A patio, fountain, and gazebo have recently been added to the grounds to enhance our Club. These improvements have been funded by our members.
Members administer the operational needs of the Club through a volunteer Board of Directors and various working committees and subcommittees.
The Club also has a paid professional full-time staff of three, who are valued members of our Club community.
As a debt-free, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, the University Club of Winter Park depends upon member dues, earnings from endowments, and tax-deductible contributions by members for operational expenses.
Investments are managed by a highly qualified Finance Committee, and an outside audit is conducted every year.